I have been asked by Diane Valenti of Llama Expeditions to be co-leader of an amazing trip to Peru.
Peru is a diverse land: miles of untouched coasts, snow-capped Andean peaks, and vast Amazon jungle. This has not only led to the evolution of one of the most complex and delicious cuisines in the world but also home to welcoming people eager to share their culture and history with you.
Today, the culture of the Quechua people lives on as an echo of their ancestors’ civilization. Experience first-hand Peru’s culture and traditions, which have survived for centuries. Together we will explore Colonial Lima, the rich South American heritage in Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and the awe-inspiring Machu Picchu.
- We will trek with llamas through rural communities.
- We will be inspired by everyday heroines who are making extraordinary differences in their communities.
- We will learn the ancient art of weaving.
- We will take an Andean cuisine cooking class.
- We will come across beautiful photo opportunities all along our journey.
- Day 1: Arrive in Lima
- Day 2: Tour Historic Lima
- Day 3: Visit Pachacama & Surf With the Kids of Generación
- Day 4: Travel to Cusco
- Day 5: Explore Inca Ruins & Meet Everyday Heroines
- Day 6: Soak in the Lares Hot Springs & Hike to Huacahuasi
- Day 7: Hike from Huacahuasi to Patacancha
- Day 8: Visit a Rural Weaving Community & Ollantaytambo
- Day 9: Experience Machu Picchu
- Day 10: Discover the Sacred Vaday
- Day 11: Return to Lima
Interested? Email Diane at email@example.com with any questions you might have.
Cost: = $5,630 (Single room = $675* extra)
*Tents are shared
- All accommodations – double occupancy (extra cost for single occupancy)
- Airport/Hotel transfers
- English speaking guides
- Entrance fees for scheduled tours
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Transportation specified in the itinerary
- Airport taxes
- Alcoholic drinks
- Baggage costs
- Meals not specified by the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance (required)